Lip balm or lip moisturizer has become my ”must-have” in my purse since I came here in Canada. Apparently, the harsh weather in this country makes my lips dry. I’ve tried different brands: cheap, expensive, made of organic ingredients and even made my own. But none of these really satisfy me.
The latest one that I tried is the Vaseline Intensive Care Lip Essence Cherry Petroleum Jelly. I got it for free from yessytle.ca. And nope I’m not oblige to review the product. I’m doing this review because it’s worth my time. And I mean it’s my favorite!
Here are the reasons:
1. It doesn’t feel heavy. You know some of the lip balm feels like it adds weight to your lip.
2. It moisturizes my lips all day. My lips feels softer. looks healthier and never experience crack lips since I use it.
3. It blends well with my lipstick (currently using Revlon 525). As with other lip balm I notice that the color of my lipstick won’t stay long. Not with Vaseline Care Lip Essence.
4. A little amount goes well. It’s not a stick but a jelly that you can squeeze from a tube.
I wouldn’t say it’s a perfect one ‘coz I found some cons about this product too.
1. It’s not cherry flavor. I wonder why they call it cherry. My first impression is that it might be a flavor lip balm but it’s not. It smell and taste just like the original petroleum gel. Which is not really good.
2. No color. I was expecting it as red but it’s a clear gel. Well it’s not a big problem on my part because I wear lipstick.
3. Quiet expensive. It’s $ 4.66 at yesstyle.ca But I would say it’s worth my money.
Overall Vaseline Care Lip Essence is still my favorite lip care product. This product is Frugal Chickas’ approved and rated five out of five.